Grilled Boneless Lamb Loin with Roasted Pepper Sauce
For the perfect meal, pair this Grilled Boneless Lamb Loin with Roasted Pepper Sauce with our Rutherford Hill Merlot.
- 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 springs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 boneless lamb loins (about 10-oz each), trimmed of any fat or membrane
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- ½ Cup dry red wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 ½ cups reduced veal or lamb demi-glace
- 3 Tablespoons roasted red bell pepper, skin removed and sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Lamb
Combine the oil and rosemary. Rub all over the lamb loins and place in a plastic freezer bag. Place in the fridge to marinate for 2-8 hours. This can be done overnight.
Prepare your gas or charcoal grill. Take the lamb loin out of the bag and scrap off the excess rosemary. Season generously with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Grill over med-high heat until desired doneness is reached. About 5 minutes per side for med-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving half a loin per person.
For the Sauce
Over medium heat sauté the shallots in half of the butter and then add the wine. Cook until the wine has evaporated and add the demi-glace. Bring to a simmer and add the rosemary, roasted peppers and remaining butter. Whisk together, adjust seasoning and spoon over sliced lamb.
Serve with wilted rapini or Swiss chard.