For the perfect meal, pair this Lobster Risotto with our Rutherford Hill Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 pound (2 cups) Carnaroli rice
- ½ Cup dry white wine
- 6 cups Lobster stock
- 2 pounds Lobster
- 6 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring. Saute until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add rice and continue to stir until all grains are coated and add wine. Cook until wine has evaporated and add 1 ½ cups of the broth. Stir constantly, adding broth as needed for 14 minutes. Add lobster, butter and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Spoon the risotto in the center of each shallow bowl. Garnish with parsley.