Chile-Lime Watermelon Wedges
The perfect blend of spicy, sweet, and sour - these chili-lime watermelon wedges are simple to prepare and sure to be a picnic hit!
- 3 tablespoons grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (8-ounce) wedges seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 200°.
Spread rind on a baking sheet; bake at 200° for 10 minutes or until slightly dried. Combine 1 tablespoon dried rind, ancho, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Arrange watermelon wedges on a platter, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle evenly with spice mixture and cilantro.