| Frequently Asked Questions
1. We want to participate in one of the scheduled guided winery tours.
Do we need reservations for this public tour?
You do not need reservations for our tours. To take a tour, simply arrive at the Tasting Room 15 to 20 minutes prior to the tour start time. Guided tours are conducted at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Tour group size is limited to twenty guests. The tasting room staff will register you at the time of your arrival. If you are with a group of 10 or more visitors please call 1-800-MERLOT-1 extension 2249. We may suggest a private tour and tasting visit for your group. Groups of 25 or more require advanced booking through our Special Events Department at extenstion 2218. Enjoy your visit and thanks for the support!
2. I love your wines! Are your wines sold in my area? If so, where can I purchase your wines?
One of our favorite questions! Retail locations that carry Rutherford Hill wines vary but you can find our wines in two ways:
- Try our new online WineFinder tool to locate Rutherford Hill wines in your area.
- Send an e-mail message with your inquiry to email@example.com and be sure to include your name and address with your ZIP CODE. Provided with this information, we will email you back with the name of the nearest store and its address.
3. I am intrigued by the "Blend Your Own Merlot" program. Is this program available for groups under 10?
Yes, the interactive winemaking program we call Blend Your Own Merlot is held every Saturday at 11:00 am for groups as small as 2 and as large as 16. Reservations can be made by calling our Special Events Department at 707-963-1871 x2218.
For information on hosting a private Blend For Groups over 10 people at any other time please contact our Special Events Department at 707-963-1871 x2218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Your picnic grounds are beautiful! Are reservations required to use a table?
Our picnic grounds are available to customers of Rutherford Hill on a first-come, first-serve basis. We ask that our guests visit our Tasting Room to taste wines, take a tour or make purchases as a precursor to visiting our picnic grounds. Our Tasting Room opens at 10am and closes at 5pm. We do reserve the picnic grounds for groups that have made arrangements for private services through our Special Events Department. Please note one important rule for the use of our picnic grounds: No alcoholic beverages other than wines purchased in Rutherford Hill's Retail Room may be consumed on our property.
5. Do you host weddings or wedding receptions?
We do not. We do not have the permits required by Napa County to host weddings or wedding receptions. However, Rutherford Hill is available to host a wedding rehearsal dinner. Please contact our Special Events Department at 1-800-MERLOT-1 extension 3 if you are interested in planning a very memorable rehearsal dinner or any other special event at Rutherford Hill.